You would like to take advantage of Instagram’s new feature to filter out sensitive or disturbing content. But you don’t know how to activate it. You don’t have to worry anymore, because we explain in this tutorial how to proceed. Rest assured, the process to follow is very simple and within reach of any mobile user, experienced or novice. Especially since we have illustrated each step with screenshots.
Step 1: Update your Instagram app
The first thing to do to be able to filter sensitive content as you wish is to update Instagram. You may not know it, but the filter is a new feature of the social network. And as such, it is only available on the most recent versions of the application. So you won’t be able to enjoy it until you have one of these versions.
To avoid any unpleasant surprises, first go to your virtual application store to get the new version of the social media.
You don’t know how to update Instagram on your smart phone. No problem, follow the instructions here to get there.
- After clicking on the Play Store (Android) or Apple Store (iOS) app, tap the search field.
- Then type ” instagram», then validate.
- Touch the app. It should be at the top of the results list.
- Finally, select ” update to install the update.
Once the application is updated, you can continue with the next step.
Step 2: Go to Instagram account settings
At this stage of the process, you need to access your Instagram account settings. For that, proceed as follows:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Click on your avatar below the news feed on the home screen to view your profile.
- Then, access the additional options on the page. To get there, just touch the three small horizontal lines located at the top of the profile, more precisely at the right end. A drop-down menu should appear in the lower section of the screen.
- In it, you will find several features and options. Select” Settings“. They should be at the very top of the stack.
- Browse through the ” Settings”the look. Then press” accounts as soon as you identify it.
Step 3: Filter sensitive content
After accessing the settings of your instagram account, you enter the last phase of the process. Indeed, this is where you will activate the filter level that suits you best.
But before you get to that, you need to access the Sensitive Content Controller. This can be found in the account settings between the ” Browser settings » and the function of « contact synchronization “. Click on it to open it.
- Review all content displayed, then click ” Continueto go to the next step.
- Then choose the settings that suit you best. The first, ie the option” More“, allows you to filter the news feed so as to let a little more sensitive content pass. Select it if that’s what you want.
- The last option in the list, ie ” Lessis the one you should choose if you want to further reduce the amount of sensitive content served in your news feed.
So select it to see less sensitive content in your News Feed.
Once you have made your choice, you can return to the home screen. The new filter should have already taken effect.
So! That’s all you need to do to enjoy a more pleasant navigation in the newsfeed.