How do I remove myself from a Twitter list?
Due to the way this feature works Twitterthere is only one way to remove yourself from a list on which we appear. This method is quite simple and easy to apply. As explained by the support of the famous social network, it mainly consists of blocking the creator of the list in question.
But to achieve this, you must first identify the list on which you appear and the person who created it. Once this is done, you can follow the steps below to temporarily or permanently leave their Twitter list.
Note, however, that the procedure to follow differs depending on whether you are using a smartphone or a computer. But you don’t have to worry, because we explain in this article how to remove yourself from a list on twitter depending on the case.
How do I remove myself from a Twitter list on a computer?
Twitter lists can be very effective when it comes to following the news feed of a selection of active accounts on the social network. Just as you can create a personalized timeline from the names of people you want to follow without their prior consent, other Twitter users can also do the same by including you in their list.
Have you just noticed that you appear on someone else’s Twitter list and you don’t like the idea of being there? Here’s how to opt out if you normally log into your Twitter account from your computer.
Step 1: Click on “Lists”
After logging in to the official website (twitter.com) of the blue bird social network, click on ” lists “. This feature is usually found in the left menu column, regardless of the page you are on.
Step 2: Access the lists on which you are registered
- To consult the Twitter list(s) to which you belong, click on the three small dots at the top right in the “ lists“. This will allow you to view the page options.
- That done, now click on “ Lists you are a member of“.
Step 3: Select the Twitter list you want to remove yourself from
If you are a member of a Twitter list, it will appear here. If necessary, you will find, in fact, one or more lists. Left-click on the one you wish to withdraw from.
If you can’t find any, that means you don’t appear on any Twitter list, at least not yet.
Step 4: Block the creator of the affected Twitter list
- The profile of the list creator you clicked on should now open. Click on the ellipsis located in the right tab of the relevant column.
- Find and select from the available options the feature “ To block…“.
Once blocked, the affected user can no longer include you in their Twitter lists. To remove yourself from another list, simply follow the same path.
How do I remove myself from a Twitter list on Android or iOS?
To stop appearing on a Twitter list, you can do the following on your Android or iOS.
Step 1: Access Twitter Lists
- Open the Twitter app on your smartphone, then click on your profile picture. It should normally be in the upper left tab of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu that just appeared, choose ” lists“.
- To access lists Twitter on which you are registered, you must click on the three small vertical dots at the top right of the ” lists“.
- Once done, select from the additional options that appear” Lists you are a member of “.
Step 2: Choose the Twitter list you want to be removed from
One or more Twitter lists should now appear. If so, then all you have to do is choose which one(s) you want to opt out of. Touch the relevant list to go to the next step.
Didn’t find any? This then means that you are not on any Twitter list, at least for now.
Step 3: Block the creator of the Twitter list you appear on
- After selecting the list from which you wish to withdraw, the profile of the user who registered you there will open. If necessary, you will only have to block it to automatically disappear from all the Twitter lists on which it has added you. To do this, click on the three vertical dots that are in the right tab of his profile.
- After which, choose from the available options the feature “ To block…to not only remove you from their lists, but also to prevent them from including you again.