How to connect the phone to the car radio
All the ways to connect the phone to the car radio with or without Bluetooth. One of the most used methods is to connect the mobile phone to the car stereo via Bluetooth. Many cars come with Bluetooth as standard, usually shown on the car radio display. If our car is very old and the cassette player is still inside, don’t worry. We can connect the phone to the car radio through a cassette or CD from which an AUX cable comes out that can be connected to the phone. Let’s start.
The steps are very simple, but we have to follow a command. The first thing we have to do is activate Bluetooth on our smartphone. To do this we go to Settings> Connections> Bluetooth and click on the switch to activate.
Once we have finished connecting the phone to the Bluetooth car radio, we must access the list of available connections. We touch our car stereo and wait for the connection to complete. Some vehicles may ask us for the access code.
The most commonly used default settings are “0000” or “1234”. If none of these, we must consult the manual of our vehicle to obtain the correct password. When complete, the vehicle will be ready to receive and send calls or play media content.
- Your car’s audio system, if it’s a new car, has a USB input.
- In addition to radio, you also found to USB cable. Use this cable, it’s more sure the connection will work.
- If you can’t find the cable, you can buy one, make sure it is USB cable for your car audio system, because they are specially designed to be used with your mobile.
- Connect the cable via the USB port to the car
- The other end of the cable it must be micro USB, type C or type Aplug this end into your cell phone.
- Once the connection is established, you will see a notification on your mobile phone informing you that you have connected your mobile to another device.
- It’s possible that by default, it is in charging mode.
- Click on the notification or pull down the notification panel and enter storage mode by tapping Charge this device via USB.
- It will be displayed as storage space for file transfer.
With these steps you will be able to browse your phone library without any difficulty and stream music through your car stereo.
Readalso: How to connect the phone to the PC, 4 methods
With an old car, you can make the same connection we explained earlier, as long as your audio system is modern. Now suppose you need to connect your phone to your old radio via USB, which audio system is not modern, there is always a solution available. In case you have a cassette player, everything is solved with the following steps:
- You will need to purchase a cassette adapter, which is a small and inexpensive device.
- Then you need to connect it to the your cassette player at one end.
- And the other end will need to plug into your cellphone’s headphone jack.
- In this way, you can also enjoy music on your old audio player.
Another way to connect the phone to an old car is:
- Buy an analog cable with a tip that you can plug into your car’s line-in or auxiliary port.
- The other end is plugged into the headphone jack of your mobile phone
- And you too can stream music from your mobile to your old car audio system.
With these steps that we have described, you can connect your phone to your old radio. These are simple steps, that’s enough have your car’s audio system USB cable handyor, in the case of older cars, the relative converter.