Mirror my video on Zoom – How to enable it
zoom has become the most famous video conferencing service today. Since the start of the pandemic, the company has actually experienced exponential growth in the number of users. In order to meet the growing number of users and their needs, zoom continues to introduce new features to the service from time to time. An old feature that managed to elude many users is the ability to mirror your video feed. In this article, we are going to talk about Mirror My Video on Zoom – How to Enable it. Let’s start!
Well, most people look in the mirror which is a mirror image of themselves. This image is mainly different from the actual image a person sees when looking at you. However, video streams work the same way, it can especially be jarring when you’re looking at a non-mirror image of yourself.
To combat this, services like Zoom include the ability to mirror your video feed. This basically allows you to see yourself as your users on the video will
When should I turn off mirroring of my video?
While this is a cool feature, it can mostly get tedious, especially if you’re a teacher. Mirror My Video ensures that any background and text you show in the meeting is also reversed for you. This actually makes it harder for you to follow what’s happening on the screen.
Luckily, this feature can easily be turned off in the Zoom settings. So anyone who now deals with text on their screen would also be fine with this feature turned off.
Will my viewers see mirrored video if I enable mirroring?
No, your viewers will also be able to see your video stream normally, even if mirroring is enabled. However, a great way to ensure your video feed looks good can also be a hassle for teachers and lecturers. This is especially the case if your camera APIs enables mirroring by default, as there is no longer any way to unmirror your video stream.
Then yes, you have to keep it enabled if you don’t really want to see a mirror copy for yourself, it won’t affect your users anyway.
Who is “Mirror my video” for?
While ‘Mirror my video‘ has been used by many users for different purposes, it has been ideally developed via zoom in order to combat the native mirroring of images. Many cameras tend to mirror your image by default, which can be distracting in Zoom meetings. This option can also help to unmirror your video by mirroring it again or turning it off completely if your device allows it.
Enable and disable mirroring of my video on Zoom?
Alright, here’s how you can enable and disable the mirror effect on your Zoom app on PC,iPhone, and Android.
- First, just open the zoom app on your iOS device and press the ‘Equipment’ icon in the upper left corner of your screen. If you are connected, press the ‘settings’ icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Now just click and select ‘met’ to access Zoom settings for your meetings.
- Scroll down and you should find a switch for ‘Mirror my video‘.
- Enable the switch if you want to enable mirroring.
- Turn off the switch if you want to disable mirroring of your video stream.
Mirroring should now be enabled or disabled depending on your choice on your iOS device.
- First, just open the Zoom app on your device and click the gear icon in the top left corner of your screen if you’re signing out. If you are logged in, click ‘settings’ in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Now you need to click on ‘meeting’
- Then scroll down a bit and you should find a switch for “Mirror my video”.
- Enable the switch if you really want to mirror your video stream.
- Disable the switch if you want to prevent your video stream from replaying.
Zoom should now enable or disable mirroring in your meetings based on your preferences.
- You need to open the zoom desktop client on your system and tap on your “profile picture” in the upper right corner.
- now just ‘settings’
- Then click on ‘Video’ in the left sidebar.
- In the right tab, under the ‘My video‘, you will find a checkbox for ‘Mirror my video’.
- If you want to enable mirroring, just make sure to check the box.
- If you want to disable mirroring, you need to make sure to uncheck the box
Mirroring in Zoom should now be disabled and enabled depending on your choice.
Alright, that was it folks! I hope you like this article and it will be very useful for you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also if you have any other questions and also any issues related to this article. Then you can let us know in the comments section below. We will respond to you shortly.