How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android
One of the best-designed apps via Google, Google Maps is a very good app. That many smartphone users around the world, whether android where iOS. The app started as a reliable tool for providing directions and has also been developed over the years to help in many other industries. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android. Let’s start!
The app basically gives information on the best route to take based on traffic conditions, satellite representations desired locations and also gives guidance regarding any mode of transport. As on foot, by car, by bicycle, as well as by public transport. With recent updates, Google Maps have an integrated cabin as well as automatic services for directions.
But, all these great features are of no use if the app is not working properly and not opening at all when it is needed most.
Now depending on your problem, you can try the fixes below in order to Fixed Google Maps not working on Android. Below are the most effective methods to solve any problem regarding Google Maps.
Check your internet connection
Google Maps basically needs a good internet connection to work properly, and the problem may persist due to extremely slow internet connection as well as no internet access. If you use “mobile data“, then try disabling it, then re-enabling it after switching to a zone. There you get better network coverage, ie where the network connection is stable.
If not, just switch airplane mode on and off then try to open Google Maps. If you have a Wi-Fi hotspot nearby, it’s also recommended to use Wi-Fi instead of mobile data.
You can also download maps of the area under Google Maps to save them offline. So, in case you have no active internet connection due to insufficient signal. Then you can easily access Google Maps actually offline.
Restart the device
One of the most basic and preferable solutions, in order to put everything back in place regarding the device issues, is reboot or reboot actually the phone. To restart your device, press and hold the “power button” then choose “To restart”.
This will basically take a minute or two depending on the phone and most of the time fixes a number of issues.
Check location settings
Location services must also be rotated on Google Maps to determine the best possible route. However, you may be using Google Maps without location services even turned on. MMake sure Google Maps has permission to access your device’s location.
Before proceeding, you should make sure to activate GPS from the quick access menu.
- You need to open settings on your phone and go to apps.
- Click on Application permissions under permissions.
- Now under app permission click on Location permissions.
- Then just make sure Location permission is enabled for Google Maps.
Update Google Maps
Updating Google Maps may also resolve any issues caused by bugs in the previous update and may also resolve any performance issues. If the current version installed on your device is not really working properly.
- you have to open play store then search “Google Maps” using the search bar.
- Click on the Update button in order to also install the latest version of the application.
Activate high precision mode
- You must press and hold the Location or GPS notification panel icon.
- Then make sure the toggle next to “Access to location” is enabled and under Location mode, choose High accuracy.
Clear app cache and data
App cache can also be cleared without affecting user settings and data. But the same is not true for deleting app data. If you delete application data, it will also delete user settings, data as well as configuration. Keep in mind that deleting app data also results in the loss of all offline maps stored under Google Maps.
- you have to open Settings on your device, then go to Applications or Application Manager.
- Now navigate to Google Maps which can be found under “All Apps”.
- Click on storage room under app details, then just click Empty the cache.
- Now try to launch Google Maps again and see if you are able to fix Google Maps not working on Android issue. However, if the problem persists, select Erase all date.
Factory reset your phone
Well, if none of the above methods work then the last remaining option is to simply factory reset your phone. However, be careful because a factory reset will actually delete all data from your phone. To factory reset your phone, you need to follow these steps:
- Just opened Settings on your smartphone.
- Then search Return to factory settings in the search bar and press the Backup and Reset option of the Settings.
- just press the Factory data reset on the screen.
- Then press the Reset option on the next screen.
Once the factory reset is complete, simply restart your phone and launch Google Maps. And it can also start working properly now.
Download an older version of Google Maps
Well, you can also download older version of Google Maps app from third party websites such as APKmirror. This method actually seems to be a temporary solution to the problem. However, keep in mind that installing apps from third-party sources can damage your phone. Because often these websites contain malicious code as well as a virus in the form of the .apk file.
- First, uninstall Google Maps from your Android phone.
- Then download an older version of Google Maps from websites like APKmirror.
To note: Now just download a older APK version but not more than two months.
- To install .apk files from third party sources, you need to give permission to install apps from untrusted sources.
- Finally, install the Google Maps .apk file and then see if you can open Google Maps without any problem.
Use Google Maps Go as an alternative
If nothing works, you can also use Google MapsGo as an alternative. It is basically a lighter version of Google Maps and may also be useful until you can troubleshoot issues with Google Maps.
These are some of the most effective methods to fix issues regarding Google Maps not working on Android, and if any problem still persists then just reinstall the app.
Alright, that was it folks! I hope you like this article and find it useful for you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have any other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will respond to you shortly.