If you experience this problem, your computer screen is maximized, that is, the desktop icons appear large. And even when browsing the internet, almost everything looks great. Then you have come to the right place because today we are going to see how you can solve the problem. There is no specific cause for this error as it can be simply caused by changing the screen resolution or by mistake you may have zoomed in. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Zoom Out on PC – User Guide. Let’s start!
Now, this problem can be easily fixed by simply zooming out or trying many fixes listed in this guide. The problem is just that users don’t really know about this feature, but don’t worry, now you would know. So, without wasting any more time, let’s see how to zoom out the computer screen with the help of the guide below.
Adjust the size of your desktop icons
Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then use the mouse wheel to adjust the size of the icons on your desktop. who would be easily solve this problem.
To note: In order to fix this problem immediately, press Ctrl + 0, which would bring everything back to normal.
Change your display resolution | Zoom out on PC
- First, press Windows Key + I to open Settings, then click System.
- Then under Scale and Layout, from the “Change the size of text, apps, and other items“drop-down selection”100% (recommended)“.
- Just like that, under Resolution choose the Recommended resolution.
- Now restart your PC in order to save the changes.
Choose Small Icons for desktop icon size
- Simply right-click in an empty area of the desktop, then choose To see.
- Now in the View menu and then tap on “Small icons“as well as”medium icons“.
- Well, that would return the desktop icons to their normal size.
- Now just restart your PC to save the changes.
Restore your PC to an earlier time
- Press Windows Key + R, then just type “sysdm.cpl” then click on enter.
- Choose the System protection tab then select System Restoration.
- Tap Next and then select the System restore point.
- You must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the System Restore.
- Then after reboot you may be able to easily zoom out the computer screen.
Magnifier is actually a free tool from Microsoft that works on both all and part of a screen in the Windows. It works by enlarging the part of your screen where your mouse is also placed. To get started, then head to the The start menu search bar, type “Magnifyingglass”, and choose the best match. This will essentially launch Magnifier on your PC.
If you are using it for the first time, you will also see that the scale is set to 200% by default. You can also change this by clicking the Zoom In (-) and Zoom Out (+) buttons in the top right corner of your app.
By default, changes will happen via a huge 100%. To change this you will need to change some additional settings. Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner of the Magnifier taskbar and from there simply choose Go to settings.
In the Settings menu, tap the Zoom Level section to expand it, then choose zoom increment to adjust the scaling percentage. For example, we’ll also set the increment to 10%, so that whenever we try to change the zoom in or zoom out scaling, the changes are actually made through a factor of 10.
Well, apart from that, there is also the possibility of to see in the Magnifier app. Tap on the select option and just choose one of the views given there; they are Moored, fullscreen, as well as lens.
Each time you expand the to see section you will also see a host of other options. They basically include things like configuring the mouse pointer location, text cursor position, and even how you want to use the magnifying glass.
When you do this and also want to stop the magnifier. Then all you have to do is click on the close (X) option in the upper left corner. Just like that you can use the shortcut by pressing Windows key + Esc.
So, apart from the main methods that we have also covered above, you can also use the Windows Settings menu. To get started, simply follow the steps below:
- Head to the The start menu search bar, type “settings” and choose the best match. Just like that, you can also use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Win + I.
- press-on accessibility.
- On the left side of the screen, find and then choose magnifying glass.
- Now activate the switch to “Enable Magnifier” to activate Magnifier.
Alright, that was it folks! I hope you like this article and find it useful for you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have any other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will respond to you shortly.
Have a nice day!